Saturday, March 11, 2006

Released



I have seen people grow tired and people grow faint
From a world where children starve and leaders hate.

I have witnessed the death of a man in the dark of night
From a world of slander, jealousy, vengeance and fight.

I have grown steadily accustom to the rule of the day
From a world full of strangers, where friends betray.

And even then, I have seen few cruelties in a sea of tears,
But I’ve lived long enough to know humanity hurts and fears.

But even here, I know of a promise of ages past,
And the story of a Shepherd that prophets cast.

I have felt the rise of something new in my flesh,
From the pulse of new birth and old refreshed.

I have dreamt of glory spilling over all that’s dead
From the atoning sacrifice of one, “I am,” I said.

I have hoped for reconciliation, redemption and peace
From a savior born child - all prisoners He released.

No comments: