Saturday, March 17, 2007

Day 3

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Too bad St. Patty's Day didn't fall on a Friday for Notre Dame.

Too bad for me too! After missing only two games in the Thursday bunch, I doubled my losses yesterday ... bringing me to a solid 26 out of 32.

Thankfully, I still have all of my sweet 16 teams in it. Although, Texas A & M did not play well, and I'm nervous about their match-up with Louisville. Kentucky teams are playing well this tournament (including Eastern Kentucky which gave UNC about all they wanted).

After two days of basketball, here are three things I would change if I could:

1. Kansas would be my national champion. I don't know if they have the PG to get it done, but their first win was impressive. Their fast, lengthy and just as talented as Florida ... but I think they'll be hungrier than Florida.
2. I'd pick VCU over Pitt as well. Maynor is money.
3. I'd put more confidence in the Big 10. I feel like a heretic now. Every year that people think the Big 10 is going to stink up the joint, they clamp down on defense and send other teams packing. Between IU, Purdue, and Michigan St., I lost three potential points. And, I really do think that IU has a decent shot against UCLA tonight. (see how quickly I shift from pessimist to blind optimism).

By the way, simply picking the top seed in every game so far would have netted me a total of 27 out of 32 correct picks. Just goes to show no tournament is the same! And there weren't any 12 over 5 upsets this year!

Wes

No comments: