Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Workbench


And on the tenth day, man created the workbench.

To show that I have evolved past the point of simple "hand-to-mouth" existence and to join the ranks of all tool-bearing fathers before me, I would like to announce that the Kendall household now has its own workbench.

Actually, I can't take a lot of credit for this. My dad - with his many years of garage projects and tool-power know-how - constructed this nice, simple and (hopefully) practical workbench. I would have built it, but everyone knows you can't build something until you have a workbench ... duh!

What's really important here is that I now have a place where I can feign some form of productivity. This will be especially important for my line of work, where so much of what I do is hidden from the eyes of casual observers. Whenever I have an especially arduous or taxing day, I can always return to the workbench where something will invariably need tightening, or hammering, or drilling.

Wes

No comments: