Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2 Months

It's so difficult to believe Elise is 8 weeks old today.  We are told to cherish the early weeks and months of our children's lives, as they pass so quickly, never to return.  I didn't grasp that with Wyatt; I couldn't see the time passing, couldn't see him growing older.  It has been markedly different the second time around.  Knowing that we are planning no additional children is perhaps another reason I'm not taking these months for granted.  I look at Elise and try to will myself to remember every possible detail.  I look at Elise and her changes over the last couple of months and am determined to love every moment with her...and it's easy.  Today I realized how sincere she appears in every expression, and at the same time doesn't exaggerate a single one -- she gives to each only what is necessary.  Amazing.  I love this girl.

~Anna


No comments: