Thursday, October 23, 2008

Celebrations


This past Sunday, Wyatt rode his bike by himself for the first time.  I was so excited for him, I could hardly stand it.  Since then, I've been trying to think of ways to celebrate special events in the life of our family...I read somewhere that in Europe they have a 'red plate' tradition where the recipient of the celebration gets to use a special place setting at dinner.  I love that idea and think it would be a fun way to celebrate "firsts," special occasions, etc.  I just wish I would have thought of it on Sunday! 

In other news, my 29th birthday brought a very exciting addition to the art room in our house. Wes commissioned the following work space from a guy at church, and helped out when and where he could. It's perfect in that it's highly functional, streamlined, easily dismantled for portability (something to think about these days), and every part of it is adjustable to achieve a custom fit for whatever happens to be my project of choice for the month.  The desk itself is about 5 feet long, but the 'wing' where my sewing machine now sits can be attached anywhere on the desk, and eventually another could made for the other side, ends, etc.  As you can see, I'm already putting it to good use!  


~Anna


4 comments:

danielle said...

A fabulous workspace for a fabulous artista--I love this! It's so Anna. Can't wait to see what you invent sitting in that chair.

You deserve a red plate for sure. :)

Wes and Anna Kendall said...

Thanks, Danielle!

Anonymous said...

How neat Anna!
Well done, wes! I agree that you will create lots of beautiful and creative things there....Happy Birthday! and congrats to Wyatt (Dillan mentioned earlier today that he was going "inny-anna" tomorrow to go to the "adventure park" (i.e. quarry) with Wyatt...I tried to explain that it would take a little while to get there, but I decided to let the kid dream....).

~emily

Julie said...

Oh my gosh--Anna! I love it! I'm so jealous. I keep outgrowing my sewing room. By the way, I hear by the cousin grapevine that my baby cousin is awfully excited about something...I wrote her that I hope that someday I'm as blessed with Stephie. Hope to see you soon. Hugs and kisses, your cousin Julie P.S. Can't believe that you are 29. How did that happen so quickly?