Monday, June 01, 2009

Best of 2008 - #2

You never know how the Spirit is going to blow … or where … or when. But, like Al Green I was hoping for a long time that the Spirit might come and revive my weary soul.

2008: a geyser burst forth from deep in my soul and the joy of my salvation came back. And a reality so significant, so important, demanded a song. My soul needed to sing. No, not just sing. I needed to dance.

Well thank you Mr. Drew Cooper for giving me the song that embodied the renewal – a song capable of matching the movement of the Spirit within me: Believe Again by Delta Goodrem, the Tommy Trash Remix.

Tommy Trash is a DJ from Australia, and he took this relatively well known pop hit and gave it texture and depth.

I can already hear your comments. “Is he serious?” Yes, I am. And, yes I know it begins like something from A Night at the Roxbury. But stick with it. I promise the deeper bass beat will get you rockin’ in your chair, and what Tommy is doing is building …

And building …

And building …

He’s letting the belief rise in you and if you let yourself fall into the hypno-syntho-pulse … you’ll see.

Then ... listen to Delta Goodrem sing you into a journey:

“Have you ever stared into the rain, thought the clouds would never disappear? Have ever screamed out in the dark – thinking no one else will hear?

Bump.

“I’ve lost my faith in love. Tonight I believe again. My heart was a broken place, and now I feel whole again. And you bring me honesty, and that’s worth believing in. And I believe …

I believe … again.”

Now sit with it. Let it go deep.

“I believe again.”

And here, this is the part I love … about two minutes forty seconds in (and then again from four minutes on).

Pulsing. Alive. Strong. Belief.

Do you feel it?

But maybe you won’t. Because you can’t control the Spirit. It blows where it wills.

And when it blows you best just let it have its way.


Wes

p.s. - Drew ... we will be hosting a rave sometime in the next year, right?

No comments: