Wednesday, June 02, 2010

reading

For Anna, A People's History of the United States. It's been on my to-read list since I bought it at Vroman's in Pasadena; I'm loving it. Highly recommended if, like me, you haven't managed to get to it yet.
For Wes, The Chosen. I know nothing about this book, except that Wes is really into it. Potok also wrote My Name is Asher Lev, which we both read and thought was fabulous. Sorry for the dated cover photo.
For Wyatt, Casey at the Bat. This is a really neat version with an old-timey, historical feel due to illustrations that all look like newspaper clippings.


For Elise, Kitten's First Full Moon. I dunno, she's in a 'kitty-cat' phase, and will actully sit and listen to this one.





3 comments:

Kathryn McGill Photography said...

I have the "Kitten's First Full Moon" book on my shelf! Ha! Good girl, Elise! :)

Ryan said...

Wes - how'd you like The Chosen? Read that long ago and loved it. I still remember the scene where he was pitching and his glasses got hit.

Ryan said...

how'd you like the chosen? Read it long ago - great book. i still remember the baseball scene where his glasses got hit.