Tuesday, October 11, 2005

California Dreamin'



"It's a long way home; I've been searching for a long time. I still have hope. I'm gonna find my way home. I can see a little house on top of the hill, and I can smell the ocean, the salt in the air. And I can see you standing there; you're washing your car. And I can see California, the sun in your hair." - Bonnie Somerville, Winding Road

"But my heart cried out for you ... California, oh California, I'm comin' home. Gonna make me feel good, rock-n-roll band; I'm your biggest fan. California, I'm comin' home." - Joni Mitchell, California

"Out on the edge of the Western world, we're together again. Your faces feel like home, though we're far from my native land. It's good to be with you, friends. We sing songs just like old times. Music washes over us, like the waters of baptism, immersion in the moment, as long as we can make it last ... as long as we can make it last." - Zoubek and Bryant, Shifting Sand

No comments: