Thursday, February 09, 2006

Phoenix in California

Anna and I went to a tour of Arcadia Methodist Hospital last night - the place where we're going to have our baby. It's actually the hospital where I did my chaplaincy internship, which gives me an added boost of confidencee. The hospital recently opened their new labor and delivery area, which I was able to see when I was there. The coolest part about the new wing is that everything is set-up to keep the baby with us even after the delivery (one of our big wishes). But, last night we were treated to another great surprise. The labor and delivery area has an outside garden where you can walk around in the great SoCal air. But I had already seen this area. What I didn't realize is that the Phoenix family has provided a large sum of cash to fund the garden area, and they are naming it the River Phoenix garden. Ah, to think that Joaquin Phoenix's cash from Cash is touching our lives in some (very) indirect and loose manner.

And to top it all off, we also won a free stroller from Arcadia.

Wes

No comments: