Friday, March 28, 2008

32 weeks and up to...

...finally getting this piece signed and mounted.

What you see above is perhaps the perfect melding of my love for found objects, fibers and paper...  The photograph looks a little washed out, but you get the idea.  This one is a gift, meant for the music director (one of the few souls I had found here who appreciates the arts) who recently left the church Wes and I are with.  It feels like her, if I do say so myself.  This is actually the second woven mixed media collage I've completed; the first was also a gift, done completely in cremes and whites with a little gold to accent and given as a wedding gift to my mother-in-law.  I wish I would have taken a picture of that one, too, but alas, I never think of these things.  In order to keep these looking minimal and in line with my more modern style tastes overall (a difficult merging, really), I've mounted them in very simple shadow box frames -- this one in black.    

The key you see was from the old organ the music director played for nine years before her departure; the small violin 'charm' I found in some old stuff that I think belonged to my great grandmother; the various beads, fibers, etc.? Picked up here and there.

~Anna

3 comments:

danielle said...

Ooooh. I only wish I could see it in person. This looks splendid.

Anonymous said...

Anna-
That looks beautiful, I agree that it would be sweet to see up close....hope you and your little girl are doing well!

Wes and Anna Kendall said...

Thank you, ladies!