Thursday, March 27, 2008

Momofuku Noodle Bar

Many of you may recall that I have sworn off Ramen for a few years now (although, I must confess that I fell off the rickshaw a few weeks ago, since there was some extra ramen laying around after we made an Asian cabbage salad).  Well, hallelujah, my life may yet end with a heaping bowl of noodles to close out my winter days.  

I read an article recently in The New Yorker about chef David Chang, who has successfully opened a number of eateries in New York, including the one showcased below, "Momofuku Noodle Bar."  Be careful when you say that (by the way, "Momofuku" means lucky peach in I'm-not-sure-what language; it also happens to be the last name of the man who invented packaged ramen noodles, which again is like crack).  You can discover more about Chang's restaurants by clicking here.

For a quick tour of the way ramen should be prepared and served, just click play.

No comments: