Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wyatt and Me


One of the great gifts I have received in addition to a beautiful new daughter is a two week family leave provided by the church.  Although, truth be told, I'm not spending all that much time with Elise.  Sure, every once in a while I cradle her sleeping figure and press her against my chest - listening and watching her with joy immeasurable.  

Most of the time, though, I am on Wyatt patrol.  Wyatt and I are getting to hang out tons - shooting baskets, hitting baseballs, going for bike rides, drawing.  Even right now, he is using an old keyboard to type his own blog.  Woops.  He just left to go see his "baby i-ter" (he doesn't do so well with s's right now).  

Now, mind you, Wyatt has never been a very docile baby or child.  He has constantly been on the move (even when he was still in the womb).  But lately he has become even more kinetic, and we even more frenetic.  The "boy" in him is coming out more.  Yesterday he sprinted up and down the back patio for at least twenty minutes.  Today, I introduced imaginary wrestling using Curious George and Puff the Magic Dragon (two of Wyatt's stuffed animals), which was a big mistake.  He immediately took the slight opening for aggressive behavior and launched into wrestle mania.  He also doesn't understand why Elise cannot be attacked with the force and demolition of Godzilla.  

So, all that to say:  the best help I can provide right now is to give Anna space to attend to Elise and to give her a break from the ongoing onslaught that is our son.  I owe it to her.  It's the least I can do.  Wyatt, after all, takes after me.

Wes 

2 comments:

4Godalone said...

Oh Wes,

Your blog is precious as is your family. I did laugh at your last line when you said that Wyatt, after all, takes after you!! Oh the memories of Caravans past. God has brought such blessings upon you and your family. It is so great to read and see His work.
love you,
marcia

Katie and Adam said...

Can't wait till Brady can wrestle. Enjoy and have a blast my good man. -adam