Thursday, February 05, 2009

getting out

I (Anna) was able to get out on Monday night and exercise my brain a little. A very good thing, considering the outdoor temps here have me holed up with the little ones every hour of the day. I trekked in to DePauw to hear David Plouffe, Barack Obama's campaign manager. It proved to be another confirmation for me of the man we elected president. I was struck by a number of things, including his discussion of the healthy work environment that Barack facilitated, examples of the candidate's calm and consistent nature, the reasoning behind their choice for campaign funding (so that they could actually control the message being sent to the American people), and Barack's lack of a "pathological desire to be President" -- something that freed him to be a real person...rather than a cog in a machine run-amok. You can read the follow up article here, which includes video and audio clips.

On an unrelated note, I'm finally listening to music again for the first time in...years. Right now I'm enjoying Moby's Hotel album, and Snow Patrol's A Hundred Million Suns, although I don't know if either of those -- or music in general -- will hold my interest for the long haul.


~Anna

No comments: