Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A 1st on the 4th

I did not see a single firework explode in person this year on the 4th of July, which is definitely a first for me. I could have watched some on television, and I could have just as easily traversed a few miles up to the top of a nearby cemetery in order to catch the high altitude brilliance. But, for whatever reason, I didn't need that this year.

What I did enjoy today was some great time with family, and a wonderful hour in the field with Wyatt. As a storm front moved in and thunder clouds swirled in dark masses, I had the delight of attending to my son's rapt attention and marvel as I explained to him that there was water in those clouds. Wyatt these days is fascinated by water - specifically the type he can swim in - so when I told him the gathering darkness above us was full of water, he was both delighted and overwhelmed.

Wes

No comments: